The all-new 2013 Honda Accord Sedan goes on sale September 19th with the Coupe to follow on October 15th. Completely redesigned for 2013, the Honda Accord will have a new 185-horsepower 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine with Honda's first use of direct injection in North America coupled to a choice of a new continuously variable transmission (CVT), or a 6-speed manual transmission on selected models and a 278-horsepower 3.5-liter V-6 engine mated to a 6-speed automatic or, in the V-6 Coupe, a 6-speed manual transmission with revised VTEC + VCM functions. The 4-cylinder models earn up to an EPA 36 mpg highway rating and the V-6 models up to an EPA 34 mpg highway rating.
The 2013 Honda Accord Sedan will be available in six model choices: an all-new top-spec Touring trim, LX, Sport, EX, EX-L, EX-L V6, and Touring. The Accord Coupe will be available in four model choices: LX-S, EX, EX-L and EX-L V6. New features include:
- MacPherson-strut front suspension to improve ride and handling
- lighter aluminum and steel front subframe
- Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®
- USB/iPod® integration
- Rearview camera
- Standard Econ button with Eco Assist™.
- Accord EX, EX-L and Touring Sedan models and EX-L Coupe, Honda have LaneWatch™ Blind Spot Display providing an expanded rear view of the passenger side roadway through the intelligent Multi-Information Display
- All-new Smart Entry & Push Button Start included on Accord EX, EX-L and Touring models.
- Forward Collision Warning on the EX-L and Touring Sedan and EX-L Coupe models alert the driver when a potential collision with another vehicle ahead is detected.
- Lane Departure Warning on the Accord EX-L and Touring models alerts the driver when lane drift is detected without a turn signal in use.
- New SmartVent™ side airbags mitigate the risk of excessive airbag deployment force.
- LED projector headlights on the Accord Touring Sedan offers improved visibility with LED daytime running lights on V-6 powered models with LED brake lights on all EX-L and Touring models.
- Adaptive Cruise Control, exclusive to the Touring Sedan, allows the driver to set a desired speed and a distance interval behind the vehicle ahead.
- HondaLink™ connected-car system is available allowing owners to put their smartphones away and still stay connected to their favorite digital content.
- Audio with touchscreen display and the Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition and FM Traffic is also available.
Early next year in the sedan only, the 2014 Honda Accord Plug-In Hybrid will debut Honda's new 2.0-liter 4-cylinder two-motor plug-in hybrid system operating continuously through three modes, all-electric, gasoline-electric and direct-drive, to maximize fuel efficiency.