Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April 2013 U.S. Auto Sales

General Motors sold 237,646 vehicles in the United States in April, up 11.4 percent compared with a year ago. Retail sales increased 10 percent, fleet sales were up 16 percent and the fleet mix was 28 percent of total sales. GM's year-to-date total sales of 902,609 is a 9.8 percent gain over 2012.

Ford Motor Company April U.S. sales of 212,584 was a 17.9 percent gain over April 2012 and year-to-date Ford has sold 811,067 vehicles, up 12.7 percent for its best April sales since 2007. The Lincoln Brand April sales of 7,615 was a 20.7 percent increase but year-to-date Lincoln sales are 23,514, a 13.4 percent drop from the first four months of 2012.

Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., reported monthly sales of 176,160 in April 2013, down 1.1 percent on an unadjusted raw volume basis.

Chrysler Group reported U.S. sales of 156,698 units, an 11 percent increase compared with sales in April 2012 for its best April sales since 2007. Year-to-date Chrysler sales are 585,050, a 9 percent rise over last year.

American Honda reported April 2013 U.S. sales of 130,999 units, an increase of 7.4 percent compared with April 2012. The Honda brand posted April 2013 sales of 117,100 units, an increase of 6.6 percent compared with April 2012.  Acura U.S. April sales of 13,899 units increased 14.2 percent compared with April 2012. Year-to-date total Honda sales are 468,650, up 6 percent over 2012.

Nissan North America reported April U.S. sales of 87,847, up 23.2 percent.  Nissan Division sales were 80,003, up 24.6 percent while Infiniti sales of 7,844 vehicles were up 10 percent over the prior year. Year-to-date sales of 406,128, is a 3.2 percent gain over 2012.

Hyundai Motor America announced sales of 63,315, up two percent versus the same period in 2012. Year-to-date sales are 227,645, up 0.8 percent from last year.

Kia Motors America reported best-ever April sales of 47,556, selling 6 more vehicles than April 2012. Year-to-date Kia sales are 174,488, down 6 percent from last year.

Volkswagen of America reported sales of 33,644 in April, a 10.3 percent decrease over prior year sales. Year-to-date sales of 131,822 is just 0.1 percent lower than a year ago's 131,898 sales through April. Separately Audi reported April 2013 sales of 13,157 vehicles, a 14.2 percent increase over the previous April record set last year. Year-to-date sales of 47,343 is a 15.5 percent gain over 2012.

Subaru of America reported 32,943 vehicle sales for April 2013, which represents a 25 percent increase over April 2012 and the best-ever April sales month in company history. Year-to-date sales for Subaru total 125,470, a 17 percent increase over the same period in 2012.

The BMW Group in the U.S. (BMW and MINI combined) reported April sales of 29,011, an increase of 8.3 percent from the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, the BMW Group (BMW and MINI combined) is up 5.3 percent on sales of 107,968 in the first four months of 2013 compared to the same period in 2012.   

Mercedes-Benz USA reported the highest second quarter start in its history with record April sales of 26,157, a 4.4 percent increase over April 2012. Mercedes-Benz models alone saw a 5.8 percent gain in sales volume at 23,635 bringing year-to-date totals for the brand to 92,822.  Combined with monthly sales from smart (667) and Sprinter Vans (1,855) MBUSA saw a year-to-date total of 101,371, a 10.2 percent increase over the previous year, making this April the earliest month ever to break 100,000 units.

Mazda North American Operations reported April U.S. sales of 19,894 vehicles, representing a decrease of 7.5 percent versus last year. Year-to-date sales through April are down 5.2 percent versus last year, with 98,177 vehicles sold.

Porsche Cars North America announced April 2013 sales of 4,032 vehicles,  an increase of 17 percent, marking the highest sales month in PCNA history. For the year, PCNA has delivered 13,681 vehicles in the U.S., up 29 percent over last year.

Sales will be updated as manufacturers report.