Mercedes-Benz E-Class four-seat Coupe and Cabriolet get restyled for the 2014 model year and go on sale in the U.S. this Summer. The E350 has a 302 horsepower direct injection V6 gasoline engine and the E550 is powered by a 402 horsepower twin-turbo direct-injection V8 both with an ECO start/stop system and a 7-speed automatic transmission with DIRECT SELECT lever and shift paddles. The E350 Coupe is also available in the U.S. with 4MATIC All-Wheel-Drive.
Standard equipment includes the COMAND system featuring a 7-inch high resolution color display, sound system w/ AM/FM/WB radio, in-dash DVD/CD player, in-dash memory card slot, auxiliary input jack and Bluetooth interface for hands-free calling. The 2014 Coupe and Cabriolet are fitted with standard COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST, a radar-based collision warning system with adaptive brake assist systems to reduce the risk of a collision. ATTENTION ASSIST is now able to warn of inattentiveness and drowsiness across a wider speed range, and also inform the driver about his level of fatigue and the amount of driving time which has elapsed since the last break with an adjustable sensitivity level.
- DISTRONIC PLUS® with Steering Assist can help the driver keep the vehicle centered in its lane and can semi-autonomously track lines of traffic;
- Brake Assist system BAS PLUS® with Intersection Assist is able to detect crossing traffic and pedestrians too, and boost the braking power applied by the driver accordingly; PRE-SAFE® Brake can detect pedestrians and initiate autonomous braking to avoid a collision at speeds up to 30 mph;
- PRE-SAFE® PLUS can recognize an imminent rear-end collision, then prompts the PRE-SAFE® system to trigger occupant protection measures to reduce the forces to which occupants are subjected;
- Active Lane Keeping Assist now can detect when the adjacent lane is not clear, including when it is occupied by oncoming traffic. If a collision threatens, even if the lane marking is not a solid line the system can prevent the vehicle from leaving its lane unintentionally by applying the brakes on one side;
- Active Parking Assist enables automated parking with active steering and brake control in both parallel and perpendicular spaces;
- 360-degree camera covers all four sides of the vehicle and enables a seamless all-around view including a virtual bird's-eye perspective – with a top view of the vehicle and its direct surroundings.